Saturday, January 26, 2008

What do you want to know about IT/tech job seekers?

I'm about to start a project where I'll ask thousands of active IT/tech job seekers -most already working, for companies across the US - recruiting related questions via an online survey. I'll help craft the questions and interpret the answers in a way that helps folks like us, who recruit hard-to-find people.

I already have some survey questions in mind. But wanted to ask you...as a recruiting professional or hiring manager, what are 2-3 key questions you'd like IT people to answer to help you better recruit them to your company? What questions would help you prioritize your recruiting budget, help you tailor your recruiting sales pitch, help you change behaviors in your managers or interviewers, or help you adjust your recruiting process?

Let me know. I'm going to call tech recruiters and managers in my network to generate and validate questions. Would love to know your thoughts, too.

Thanks!

No comments: