Thursday, January 31, 2008

Get inside the minds of top recruiting leaders

Some of you may recall that I used to put out a quarterly newsletter, The Recruiting Toolbox. Well, I stopped over a year ago, and my efforts have morphed into this world of blogging.

I received a lot of great feedback when I'd interview top recruiting leaders. I'd get inside their heads and learn about their challenges, their priorities, their approaches, and their views on what makes recruiting teams work well. I talked to leaders from companies like Microsoft, T-Mobile, and Starbucks.

I'm about to start those interviews up again. And this time, I'd like to talk to leaders from big brand name companies, but also talk to people who "get it" from smaller and medium sized companies. Not all of us will - or even want to - work for the big brands. And the challenges of smaller companies may resonate with some of us more.

So, question: Who are some of the recruiting leaders you've worked for, know, or heard of that you think would make for an interesting interview?

I have an interview set up tomorrow with Andrew Carges, the VP WW Talent Acquisition from a medium sized company, Success Factors. Watch for the interview to show up here in the next week or so.

No comments: