Wednesday, March 12, 2008

You've got to be kidding me...

A friend of mine, who's the head of recruiting for a well known company, just received this email from a vendor looking to sell him sourcing services. What an unprofessional approach! Wonder if this works for them? If you have a bad email to share, send it my way. Might be fun to dissect some of these approaches publicly!

Good Morning [Name],
My firm just wrapped up on a successful pilot for [competitor] corporation.

The reason I am contacting you, is although we were very successful and met every criteria and after promising to do business... The staffing manager still decided to just take our free pilot offer and run. So , to return the favor, since [competitor] directly targets your company, I thought you might be interested if I personally offered you the same deal.

Our company provides high end, dedicated contract sourcers to do passive (and active) candidate development.

If you can use this on your staffing team ( with most recruiters only have 2-4% of there day available for sourcing, how could you not) then circle back to me directly. I will offer you a free 1 week pilot with 1 or 2 dedicated sourcers so you can see how well we can produce and become a cohesive part of your staffing model.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Cheers,

[Name]

Chief Sourcer

[Company] Consulting LLC

1 comment:

jay said...

2-4% of the day for sourcing? wonder where they got that figure. Not sure this approach works either John. :)

Just because Jimmy's parents got him an X-box, doesn't mean you'll get one too...