Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Joe Candidate: Problem Solver.

I just received an unsolicited resume from a guy for a job I don't have. Not sure about his target marketing skills (I'm not a hiring authority, but I am networked with a bunch of companies and recruiters), but I am sure that his approach in his email grabs me more than a standard "let me introduce myself" email. He focuses on the problems he can solve. I like the concept. Do you see candidates "drawing you in" more with their emails, resumes, cover letters?


Dear Mr. Vlastelica,

Are all your Divisions / Operations performing up to expectations?
  • Do you have an operating unit that has a great product / service but needs experienced guidance?
  • Do you have a new operation that needs someone who can roll up his sleeves and work without the corporate net?
  • Do you have a “Problem Division” that needs someone to whip it into shape?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions I may be the answer to your problem.

[overview of background and resume followed]

No comments: