Thursday, June 11, 2009

Background Check Vendor Checklist

Considering a new background check vendor?
I completed a custom benchmarking study 18 months ago for a client, and asked 20 major employers about their background check policies, processes, standards, and plans for the future. 50% said they were relatively unhappy with their current vendor.

There's a lot of firms out there. I was networking with people from a firm (ESR) based in California yesterday, and I asked them some questions about the differences between the firms in their space. (Their President was one of my favorite speakers at the Kennedy show I was at a few weeks ago, and we're bringing him to Seattle to speak to us on Sept 16; watch www.smaseattle.org for details in the coming weeks).

They pointed me to a 22 question checklist that highlights key questions you should ask any background check vendor you're considering. I thought it was an objective list, so thought I'd share it.

http://www.esrcheck.com/diligence-audit-current-provider.php

Are you pleased with your background check vendor? What makes them work well - or not so well - for you?

p.s. Note: I don't have any commission relationships with any vendors of any kind. I certainly have opinions about firms and people in our space, but my opinions are not influenced by commissions or kickbacks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all. Thanks very much for your useful post.

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.

Please let me introduce you some info related to this post and I hope that it is useful for community.

Source: hr audit checklist

Thanks again
Ngo